Monday, May 9, 2011

The Reverse Taco

This meal came out of me wanting some tacos but making it happen without carbs. I felt that using lettuce again was a cop-out, so I came up with this! Why call it reverse tacos? The name came into my head while I was shopping. You could stretch things and say it's reverse because the meat is bread instead of inside of it


Reverse Tacos
serves 2
Ingredients:
Turkey Kielbasa (I used half of one Kielbasa, sliced into 4 pieces)
Salsa
1 Avocado, sliced
Cheese (cheat item! I used Port Salut because it was leftover from another meal we made)
Beans on the side (the chef suggests pinto but somebody in the house already ate them all)

Okay, it's real simple. I split open the turkey with three slices so I could fit as much in there as possible.
Then I placed the cheese in one opening, avocado in the other and salsa in the middle. Top with a drop of non-fat greek yogurt for looks if you don't mind a second cheat. Done!


I served this with a side of northern beans I seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic. I had plenty of left over avocado so I sliced up what was left and served that too! You don't need very much of the filler items because of the meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment